PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next Move
Thread: Next Move
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2018, 11:56
itchybumba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might just need to be patient.

Peronally I screwed up my first PPL skills test. Had 1 fail in my ATPLs, only got an 88% average, and partialled both my CPL & IR. Did 2 MCCs and sat around waiting for 3 years before I got picked up by a UK airline. Type rating at 36, currently half way through line training, going well so far.

I did work in aviation for a number of years while I was waiting which probably helped. I also managed to keep all my ratings and medical current.
There's plenty of jobs at the moment, just keep applying and personalise each one.

Good luck
Thanks for your reply TryingToAvoidCBs....... and i do accept i need to find some more patience. I guess i am just starting to get really worried - and let me explain why.

The market is good at the moment. Some people walk straight into jobs from flight school. Others like yourself that have a few fails etc... in their history and that may not get the opportunities in the down times are getting jobs/interviews. Others i know are getting a fair few interviews!

I am literally getting nothing...... and that worries me - as the good times will not last for ever and i need to ensure that i am getting a job while the market it good. Tomorrow is not promised and who knows what is around the corner...... i dont want to be still looking for my first job when the market turns.

So whilst i will continue to apply to jobs and personalise each of them, i feel that to not doing anything else is too risky - i need to find a way to try to force the issue somewhat!

Also - can i just say congratulations on your new found employment :-)