PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Effect of Brexit on UK certificates etc.
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2018, 07:21
aox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by highcirrus
22/04

May I trouble you for a reference to Mr Rees-Mogg's plan, following departure from EASA, to keep Airbus Broughton wing manufacture rolling, Rolls Royce Derby churning out Trents etc and a myriad supporting, sub-contracting manufacturers in business?

Similarly, I've probably missed his commentary on the EU Notice to Stakeholders. Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and EU Aviation Safety Rules, previously referred to and in particular his plan to counter the devastating effects of: and thus keep flight crews, engineers, air traffic personnel, cabin crew, training departments etc, etc in business, earning to support families and providing significant contribution to the UK tax base. You see, whenever I look, I can't find any details of putative plans for a Rees-Mogg handling of this upcoming catastrophe.
You're talking about a man who looks forward to deregulation of employment and environmental matters, making it easier to sack people, entertaining ambitions for us to make do with similar environmental standards as India (he seems to not to have made any comments about the recent tide of plastic taking over TV coverage).

Would he dare to stand up and say deregulate aviation?

Actually I doubt he has an opinion.

A Google search for Jacob Rees-Mogg EASA produces results with the easa crossed out, and a search for his name with the word aviation has odd results. The second has him talking about cutting stamp duty, while the seventh says he has never been to IKEA and doesn't intend to start, and in the eighth he wants to reduce NHS spending.

Don't forget that we didn't have much aviation in the 18th century, which is where the third result says he is from.