PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Express
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2018, 01:16
Turkpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This job sucks

Been there more than a year. First of all, living in HK sucks. Everything that everyone said on this forum about the high costs, small apartments, etc. but my biggest issue personally is there is just way too many people. Way too many. Taking the buses and trains with the way they drive them makes you feel like a ping pong ball and that too becomes tiring.

I’ve been going to HK for 7 years but this is the first time I actually lived there. Maybe I need more time who knows.

I can tell you this about HKE. Training is horrible. CAE has so many differences between what they do and what HKE wants.They could care less about airmanship, common sense, or stick and rudder. As long as you can be s robotic monkey, act like a parakeet, and sing the FMA changes you’ll be fine.

There is no line training here just checking and your expected to know all the paperwork, SOP, etc perfectly from day one. If you don’t believe me then come here and you’ll see.

I knew what the pay was and the schedule before coming here so I won’t mention this but what I didn’t know is just how bad the training is and how many people are let go during line checks for very minor things.
Very pedantic here, robotic and a crap environment. Now, once you get past the line check then it’s peaches and crepe in as far as the crews you work with.

The pay needs to come way up, the schedule needs to get better with more days off, and then this would be a good job. Right now it sucks