PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My beautiful Weber!
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2018, 15:14
MrBernoulli

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Hi, Beags! My Weber is in remarkably good nick for it's age, still competely steady on it's aluminium legs. There are a handful of tiny spots on the lid exterior where the black porcelain coating has been chipped, and the chrome base triangle between the legs has a somewhat rusty surface. But the base of the kettle is absolutely solid, no holes, and the One-Touch cleaner handle and vanes are sound. It certainly doesn't owe me anything!

I note that, in the UK, the 57cm Master-Touch, which has the enclosed ash catcher and a thermometer in the lid, at £269, is £100 more expensive than the current equivalent to mine, the 'Original' kettle series version! Blimey, thats an expensive ash catcher and/or thermometer! And if you want the Special Edition, which is merely a red paint job (otherwise it is available in black and 4 other colours ...), you pay £299. Holy whats-its - another £30 for the red, why?

Have just returned from a trip to Houston (we departed IAH on the very day, 48 years ago, that Apollo 13 splashed down!) where I met another pilot who is this week expecting delivery of a new, leviathan, gas-powered £1000 monster Weber. He was very excited about getting to grips with the Weber iGrill app on his phone, which will tell him the temperature of his steaks whilst he sits and supps his beer. Ho hum, horses for courses, LOL!

Anyway, a great lunch has been consumed, accompanied by 8/8 blue skies and several glasses of fizzy, so I really have no need to be anything but chilled!