PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next Move
Thread: Next Move
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2018, 10:48
Another Biggles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Itchybumba (great name, btw)!

I'm in almost exactly the same position as yourself, except that I'm two years younger, and my averages were 92%. I changed careers from my old, non-aviation related field to an Ops Support one in the hope of being offered a flight deck position after time served in the office, all the while applying to airlines and broadening my network of "contacts". This is proving tricky, however...

I have pretty much the same plan as you. I have (hopefully) a couple of chances with airlines in Europe, and if these don't pan out, I'm planning on either Wings Alliance (which you have to pass their assessment to get onto the course, which in turn, is also assessed) or Flight Instructing. I only wish I had gone the FI route as soon as I finished flight school - there are jobs out there that have asked for hours that I could have accumulated on SEP instructing, but didn't go that route, and so I couldn't apply (I'm thinking the likes of West Atlantic, Stobart, Gama, RVL, Skybus, and other leads you stumble across here and there)... The idea of waiting another two years in my current role without making progression to FO (or any flying capacity) scares me!

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but if you went to Bartolini, would't you be able to apply for this? https://www.flyinpoland.com/adria-airways/ Someone I used to work with graduated from Bartolini, tried seriously hard for maybe 2-3 years to make it into a job, had a couple of other interviews, and then finally stumbled across the above scheme, where he's been working since January.

Don't give up!