PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian-2
Thread: Norwegian-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2018, 08:34
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/...-aviation.html
IAG may just wait it out....

An airline with a strong brand, particularly in regions where other IAG airlines are weak, is exactly what IAG wants and there’s no way they would just kill it.
Actually they might.
What they may need to do is partially consolidate.
You didn't need both Opens Skies and Level, do you need Norwegian long haul out of Gatwick to JFK and LAX as well as SNN to PVD with Norwegian International? You need to avoid your subsidiaries undermining each other in key markets. Much of D8 is LGW which arguably is a better fit for an expanded BA otherwise you are still competing with yourself.
In long haul, non London 787 ops and Level would make sense to come together, would the brand be Norwegian? Possibly.

I never understood why Iberia Express wasn't the basis for Level, why they needed a fourth Spanish AOC......it's already becoming a bit of a mess. Remember IB/BA/EI are all former nationalised flag carriers with home brand advantage, that's core IAG. I2 and VY are IMHO a duplication as to some degree is D8 in Spain. At some point, and at some point soon, this gets top heavy if you're not careful, but the IAG track record thus far has been impressive if you discount Accenture Alex (my opinion).

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 19th Apr 2018 at 08:46.