PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Effect of Brexit on UK certificates etc.
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2018, 08:32
Bob Upanddown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gertrude the Wombat
What will change is that you will no longer have the RIGHT to travel to 27 countries. You can probably still go there, depending on what you want to do, but it will be with the PERMISSION and at the WHIM of a bunch of foreigners, instead of as of RIGHT. This, apparently, is what's called "taking back control".
Exactly. It might be a complete PITA to go to L2K for Lunch, who knows (not me, as all my flying has been whilst the UK has been in the EU)? Maybe we will need a Visa to go to France in a GA aircraft (like the US).
It is unlikely that, if I can get to France in a light aircraft in April 2019, I will be arrested for flying on a UK issued EASA licence issued when the UK was part of the EU and EASA.

Clearly aviation will change as we won't be in the EU. If nothing is agreed, it will be a large change and the EU are pointing that out but if CAA don't respond to this EU statement soon then the whole organisation will be seriously unfit for purpose come next April. They can't have their heads in the sand expecting nothing will change because we will still be in EASA because we might not.