PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Next Move
Thread: Next Move
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2018, 08:23
itchybumba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next Move

Hi everyone.

Looking for some advice / thoughts and opinions.

So i completed commercial training last year - finished mcc in Sept. Since then i have applied to loads of jobs but not 1 invite to interview yet.

I am 36, 1st time passes in everything and 94% averages. Have a decent but unrelated career and have been with 1 conpant for 17 years!

Training was done at Bartolini and mcc at crm europe. Overall i am happy with the training i had.

I guess my age and lack of higher education are going against me and if i dont do something else, i am worried i will never get that chance to get in front of a recruiter to be given the opportunity to show that i am quite capable of being a professional pilot!!

So, although it pains me to say it, i am looking to take a loan to do some further training to try to give me a competitive edge. Have been considering Kura / wings alliance / virtual aviation apc mcc course.... as i see people from these getting jobs that i havent seen advertised to the wider market.

The other option i guess is an instructors rating.... and while the idea of teaching people to fly does excite me, the wages are too low to substantiate my family and the associated loan repayments!!

So what do people think? Am i being crazy and throwing money away doing 1 of these types of courses that is effectively what i already have, or is it likely to help me get in front of some recruiters and, better prepare me for interview?

A possible spanner in the works is if i do this, i defintely wont be able to raise any substantial amounts for a TR for quite a long time if i was offered a job that didnt have a bonding arrangement.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!!