PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AT - Take Note!
Thread: AT - Take Note!
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2018, 23:31
LongTimeInCX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was also the company own goal when it came to aspects of either the journey over, accompanied by partners (and rightly so), or the accommodation where self funding was required. Forgetting the big picture aspect that these two guys saved hundreds of lives and a multi-million dollar aircraft, this could have been a PR win for the company.
However somewhere in the process, someone nickel and dimed it to ensure yet another in a long line of illustrious own goals.
God bless accountants and paper shufflers. I'm sure they have it all under control and our airline is in their safe hands.

Thankfully SWA was inthe very capable hands of an ex Navy F18 dude-ess and her offsider, I'd say on reading prelim reports that she and her FO did an exceptionally good job.

That my dear paper clip counters is what it is all about.
What you MBA laden suit wearing types will never get, is that we get paid not for what we do, but for what we can do when a wheel comes off your train set, and the **** hits the fan. Or in this case the fan cowl hits the wing as the front part of the engine disintegrates. Lucky for SWA and the passengers, that Tammie Jo Shults and her FO were on the ball.

Like it or not, ex-Mil guys (&ladies) are a well trained great commodity.
Perhaps MorningCoffee and the other bean counters should take note.
You think buying and retaining experienced crew is expensive?? Then try having a fatal accident. Then you'll see how expensive things become.

It is a crying shame to see CX reduce its T&C's towards Low Cost Airline levels such that folks like Tammie would no longer be interested, and instead we have to rely on wet behind the ears 'brushwingers', and incompetent paper-clip counters and fuel hedgers, as the future custodians of the airlines safety.

This downward spiral of my beloved airline does not give me a warm confident feeling as I head into early retirement.