PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2018, 22:09
jc777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MALAYA1957
Hi Guys,

I just attended the final interview last week Wednesday. first is the aptitude test (fun games) nothing to prepare and just follow the instructions. just keep track the timing on the screen.

then 50 words essay, Why you want to be an airline pilot.

the final interview by Panel. 5 interviewers. 1 to 1 session.

Questions from the Panel:

1.Why you want to be a pilot/
TIPS: Remember, the panel consists of senior pilots/trainers/senior manager etc. And they are looking for someone who has the (burning) passion for FLYING/ operates the plane. The one thing they mention to us is they don't want someone who sees this as a job. they want someone who sees this as their LIFE. Haha. So be smart at answering why you want to be a pilot question.
You must have a strong background/story. and make sure you're well prepared for the lie/truth you gonna say.

2. I'm an offshore engineer, so they expect me to know about chopper/helicopters models, how it is function and some basic details.

3. Know a little about the airline industry, especially details on the incidents/accidents. AirFrance Accident is their Fav Pick. They ask me about latest AirAsia incidents too.

4. The interviewers shared one issue with the current batch of pilots- when the new 787-10s arrived, no one wants to try to fly them. So, this is one of the reasons why they want to find people who are passionate about flying.

5. Good Luck. Be confident. Smile and just relax. The interview is not very difficult, but you need to be precise and tell factual things and make sure they are not bored with your answers.

just in case if they ask you to stay back for one more night for medical, pls don't stay. Haha. just go back to your hometown (for Malaysians) and wait for your result.
Hey there, May I know if you got to the medical stage? Also, how long did they take to let you know. 2 days as mentioned by them?