PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2018, 12:19
recall_checked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really they're just looking for a capable, honest and personable pilot. Somebody easy to sit next to on a 13 hour duty. Plenty of info in this thread.

Historically, people have been assigned the fleet they are already type rated on, but it isn't a rule by any means. It all depends where the shortfall is I guess. But with the 787 and 757 going down to less than a years seniority, you could probably bid off the 737 quickly enough assuming nothing changes. Again, it all depends on what seats they fill up in this recruitment round and where there is space. I'm not somebody who is in the know, these are just my observations.

The 85k is without deduction. The pay scales on PPJN are accurate, there is a decent pay rise at the year 5 FO mark so I reckon 100k+ is possible from year 5.

In terms of take home pay, without working any days off, 4.5-5k is my average. With day off payments your net pay can go through the roof. But I wouldn't count on flexi being available every month. There is a small combination of how duty pay is taxed but I wouldn't worry about it. When I was paying back the 7k OCC costs I usually netted 4.1-4.3k unless flexi was involved.