PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ME IR Helicopters New Zealand
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2018, 08:16
FlyingElmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Evil Twin,

There are several reasons why I like to add them on my NZ licence (any licence).
One is that I dont have to go true the Multi Engine IR (H) SP/MP things all over again. I rather have them lapsed but registered somewhere than doing the full type rating training again. ($$$) You never know when they come in handy again.
It is very expensive to get type ratings on multi engine machines (especially in EASA-land). I cant just pick an new type rating and hope for the best.

Btw the NZ CAA's argument for not recognising them is that they are not on the NZ register and because they are not on the register there is no possiblity to do the test.
Although they recognise a few overseas training facilities (like airbus germany), they dont seem to recognise the most important one. Airbus Helicopters Training Service in France...Where I did my factory training... Chicken-Egg

Edit: Just read some material from NZ CAA regarding TTMRA;

'Australian command type endorsements may be eligible to be transferred into the NZ system if the aircraft type is listed on the NZ Civil Aircraft Register.'

Circle complete...

Last edited by FlyingElmo; 18th Apr 2018 at 08:41. Reason: new info