PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - T-45C Crash Report
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2018, 06:54
Just This Once...

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Lonewolf, your tone and manner does not help in promoting your argument. Your repetitious apportioning of USN opinions that I have quoted, accurately and faithfully, to me personally is doing you no favours.

If you disagree with the USN report then feel free to offer your opinion as to why you differ. The USN has questioned the wisdom of placing an individual who had done zero tactical low-level flying outside of his initial training years earlier and undertook just 4 low level sorties in benign terrain during his IUT, becoming an IP in that role in more challenging terrain. Other USN commentators have agreed with that viewpoint and signed their name to it.

As an independent observer who has spent all of his career routinely operating at low level, in peace and war, I do share the concerns raised in the USN report. Like a number of others on this forum my career included both ME aircraft and FJ, with a small amount of rotary time in the test community. Switching roles offered me zero shortcuts when it came to training and the experience required, so to the UK posters above the USN practice does look odd, so you could consider cutting us a little slack.