PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Air Traffickers Are Top Notch
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2018, 23:03
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by NutLoose
I do find it rather strange that they took to obliterating his Christian name but left his surname in view, thus meaning in no uncertain terms he would be identified, there cannot be many ATC in the RAF with that surname these days.

I also find it rather disturbing that they took it upon themselves to publish what was probably a confidential letter between himself and the crew, surely any such correspondence between passengers and crew should be dealt with by the company and not a member of the crew in making it so public.. I do hope that crew member is disciplined as he / she may have destroyed this persons career, if I was the Sgt involved I would be writing to the Company requesting the matter be dealt with as I am sure some of their company rules have probably been breached..

You now all seem intent on ridiculing him and his family, but also his qualifications to be in the job, and that is bad form, I think you will find he has worked his way up from being an assistant to a controller in about 10 years, and is not a direct entry.
I do wonder if the outcome would have been the same if an RAF doctor or paramedic had written the letter, would we still be having this conversation.

I am with you on this Nutloose. When the story first broke there was a lot of "banter" but it soon turned pretty nasty and the "banter" fun-poking crossed the line. We have ALL messed up at one time or another. In simple instances it was kept within the confines of the tower or sqn, the more spectacular ones may, just may, have made it through the branch to other stations:This one went viral on social media and ran out of control.

I wish him well for the future. If he wishes to take this further then I would advise against it; the root of it all is the letter HE wrote, on headed paper that HE should not have been using for personal gain. Granted, the letter publisher should not have made it public but he/she would not have been able to do so if it had not been written in the first place.