PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apocryphal SWO stories out there.......
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2018, 20:06
MAc2591

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evening all,

I've spent a great hour this evening reading these stories.

My my father was an Eng WO (lecky) serving from 1955 to 1997. To allow me to finish school he has a 2 year extension taking him to ‘97. For these 2 years he was the SWO at RAF Manston and pretty much closed down the RAF side.

Over many years I heard lots of stories relating to grass, standing on hair, **** on th end of a pace stick etc... love it.

Its a scary small world... I am now a serving WO2 in the Army. Only family member not to be RAF.... rebellious or stupid - you decide ��. Since joining I’ve served at Honington where both my Father (Buccaneers) and my Brother (TWCU) served. My MQ was next door to the MQ I spent 2 very young years in.

2 years ago, for my sins, I attended a Fire Safety Cse at Manston. Sad to see the old Sgts Mess in wreck n ruin. Many happy Sunday’s playing snooker with the old man. For the course we stayed in the old Officers, now combined, mess. Walking down the corridor and I find my old man staring at me in a photo.

All in all happy memories and the above thread warmed the cockles. If anyone has any stories, good or bad from Manston 1989-1997 to tell please do.

Thanks.