PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2018, 16:03
Lee J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr A Tis
Lee J.

Not sure where you get the idea Priority Pass is free ?? Try £260 a year.- and it's not accepted in every lounge by any means.

Used world wide in airports that don't rely on flogging places to stag parties. The only airport I have been refused entry is Manchester (multiple times), nowhere else in the world & I travel across all continents.
I appreciate and know the Priority Pass isn't free, I looked into it at one point but after seeing a regular notice on the door of the Swissport lounge at T2 saying no space for cardholders, I decided against it - not to mention the stigma attached to them. I do think lounges are right to prioritise people who have paid £25 - £50 for entry rather than pass holders. Does anyone have any idea how much a lounge receives per Priority Pass entry? I can't imagine its even 20% of the normal entry fee.

Originally Posted by pholling
Just out of curiosity, the you were refused entry in Manchester which lounge(s) was it? I ask, because it seems that the Escape Lounge T2 is perennially booked up for certain times, e.g. you cannot even reserve a space a 10 months in advance.
I've not been refused entry, because I don't carry a lounge pass nor have I ever relied on turning up on the day. Only ever pre-booked which I've never had an issue doing - I can book the Escape Lounge at T2 online for tomorrow and countless other days without a problem. I'd suspect the fact you can't book 10 months in advance is more an oversight since you can book T1 and T3 but then I can't imagine many people book that far ahead.