PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Air Traffickers Are Top Notch
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2018, 13:26
NutLoose

Received 2,938 Likes on 1,252 Posts
I do find it rather strange that they took to obliterating his Christian name but left his surname in view, thus meaning in no uncertain terms he would be identified, there cannot be many ATC in the RAF with that surname these days.

I also find it rather disturbing that they took it upon themselves to publish what was probably a confidential letter between himself and the crew, surely any such correspondence between passengers and crew should be dealt with by the company and not a member of the crew in making it so public.. I do hope that crew member is disciplined as he / she may have destroyed this persons career, if I was the Sgt involved I would be writing to the Company requesting the matter be dealt with as I am sure some of their company rules have probably been breached..

You now all seem intent on ridiculing him and his family, but also his qualifications to be in the job, and that is bad form, I think you will find he has worked his way up from being an assistant to a controller in about 10 years, and is not a direct entry.
I do wonder if the outcome would have been the same if an RAF doctor or paramedic had written the letter, would we still be having this conversation.

Last edited by NutLoose; 17th Apr 2018 at 13:48.