PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2018, 12:29
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Mac
LAX-LHR
I hope the EK lounge does not go back to like it was in T2 before the move to T1. Grubby little room round the back as I recall. Current one in my view is one of the better ones on EK route network, with good views and pleasant staff. T3 BA lounge was good back in the day, but have not used it or BA for sometime so could not comment now. SQ ok, but not as good as EK in my opinion as are others in T2.

I agree with your comments re family room and on arrival lounge, though I do not think MAN has that many flights yet where this would be of interest, though could well be wrong on this.

Kind regards
Mr Mac
I understand there is to be a large area dedicated to lounges in T2.

I’ve personally heard of 2xescape, 1903, V-room, VS clubhouse, BA terraces (inc Oneworld), star alliance, aspire, Etihad, Emirates, no.1 lounge, and at least 2 (I’ve heard QR want one and imagine there could be another paid for lounge).

In terms of an arrivals lounge, I do believe there would be ample usage, especially a lounge that opens say, 0500-1200 to meet the bank of US arrivals, EK (especially F class pax), SQ, QR, EY, CX, HU, TG and so on. Plenty of J and some F class pax to use them.

And thats not to mention any short haul arrivals that may want them (BA pax who used J/F into LHR but didn’t have enough time between transfers to freshen up at LHR).

And in terms of a lounge that only opens in the morning, plenty of lounges around the world that have reduced opening to meet specific flights, so, that shouldnt be an issue either.