PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2018, 12:06
pholling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Mac
LAX-LHR
I hope the EK lounge does not go back to like it was in T2 before the move to T1. Grubby little room round the back as I recall. Current one in my view is one of the better ones on EK route network, with good views and pleasant staff. T3 BA lounge was good back in the day, but have not used it or BA for sometime so could not comment now. SQ ok, but not as good as EK in my opinion as are others in T2.

I agree with your comments re family room and on arrival lounge, though I do not think MAN has that many flights yet where this would be of interest, though could well be wrong on this.

Kind regards
Mr Mac
My understanding is that the 1903 lounge is a bit of an experiment. It exists in T3 as there was both space and a potential market. There are more airline specific lounges in T1, but only the BA one in T3. T2 is a mess as the space for lounges is quite constrained. However, if there is good traffic through the 1903 lounge in T3, I would expect one to open in T2 eventually. As for a family lounge, the closest thing seems to be the Virgin Holidays V-room, but that is for people on Virgin Holiday's itineraries out of T2 only.