PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Type Freeze coming at Qantas: Crew shortage bites?
Old 17th Apr 2018, 09:48
knobbycobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest I couldn’t really care about whomever is working in a back office.
It’s not like it’s a Chief Pilot/Deputy or position of critical importance or significance.Its not even a HOFO or a managers role. Regardless of who’s co running it I’d suggest it will be but one finger in a dyke that is the shortage. Not many 457 visa holders interested in the t and c’s on offer at the lower subsidiary’s.
Keg and Rated D both agree on the pilot shortage that is impacting globally. It’s backed up by numbers and facts from Forbes to the Australian and from airline CEOs themselves.
Rather than pontificate on what might happen I’d suggest the time is right to look to improve conditions whilst the timing is perfect. Qantas has turned around now. Billions in profits, bonuses and share price records. The bad days are gone.
Doesn’t get any better than now. SH needs paid reserve and MDC.
The guys and gals deserve no less. Surely we can’t lose both in the doom and the boom.
12 hour day trips with 4 hours of sitting around won’t be tolerated for much longer. As the shortage bites and training at max it will only get worse.