PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Duty Free Not So Free as of May 1
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2018, 03:18
ironbutt57

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sanddune 1
Why is this issue raising its ugly head again? I thought with all the bad press, complaints, unfairness, and total upheaval & fiasco of the customs guys/gals in EGHQ, that we had put this ridiculous restriction behind us?

I haven’t heard anything on it? Therefore as far as I’m concerned it’s business as usual. I’ll be bringing in my “duty free” because that’s what it is - “free from duty!”

Emirates cannot dictate Customs Policy to us - that policy must come from the UAE government itself. If this change is coming from UAE Customs, it must be implemented for All Crew members of all Air Carriers, - not just Emirates!

Let’s hope this is just a bad rumor!

nice try, the company and/or customs can restrict as they please....at GF we had restrictions in Bahrain on duty free alcohol to one bottle a month for quite a long time, as the local boy cabin crew were running their own liquor store with the duty free they were bringing in, and got caught...hence the restriction...but it was GF only, other airlines had same allowances as the pax