PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Cargo Fire
Thread: Ek Cargo Fire
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2003, 18:35
Eff Oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was on that flight 2 days prior.
They had a cargo fire warning, fired the bottle and extinguished it? Then held to speak to ops? Then got another warning and diverted? How long were they in the hold?
I really don't see the problem. As far as they were concerned it was out. So they go once round the hold to see where ops want them to go (bearing in mind the are at FL330 over an airfield.) They get a second warning and divert immediately.
Once the fire is out it's no longer a Mayday yeah? So commercial decisions need to be made, pax handling, facilites etc etc. Ops have a better knowledge of this than us, so why not ask if it doesn't take too long? Then they get a second warning, OK boys now we need to get our butts on the groung ASAP. ****** ops and commercial decisions, get it down. And thats what they did. They explored all avenues trying to think of pax and the airline. Once that was no longer an option they diverted.
How can anyone criticise a fellow crew for getting an aircraft on the ground safely following an inflight fire? No one was hurt, the aircraft was intact, I think they did a great job. As for Emirates being a"third world airline", get a bloody grip!