PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1-800-HOWSMYHOLDPOOL
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2018, 22:12
aerodestination

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Reverserbucket
I thought NLS was now CAE (OAA) Amsterdam? I know in the not too recent past, they had a huge pool...well, at lot of students who couldn't find work at least (and many who never did) - not sure they really called it a pool. How about Martinair Flight Academy?
NLS has not started any classes for almost 3 years now. They used to have a holdpool of around 300 people but since they seized operations a couple of years ago, they don't have a flight school actively backing their applications. I know people from former NLS who still get jobs in the current market though. Quite a few ended up with European LCCs

CAE amsterdam is used for typeratings only ever since 2015. Ryanair taking the biggest part of this. But they have more simulators there too for some more exotic aircraft.

Martinair flight academy trains very few people. Only a handful as far as I am aware of. Not sure if they actually have a hold pool of any sort, I don't think so. They do not really have any specific airline partners, however, they are known for good quality training.