PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emery Riddle School opinions
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2018, 21:02
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by INNflight
Something (even though I doubt that the OP really cares) of a general point nobody has made yet:

First off:
Most european airlines, whether low-cost, regional, charter or major - give a s+*t about whether you have a college degree. So if you want to ONLY FLY, do your training in Europe and become a pilot. Easy as that. No need for 150k plus in student debt. Really. Get your frozen ATPL in Europe, get a job at an airline in Europe, do a degree at a non-italian uni on the side if you desire.

Secondly:
If you want to become a pilot, do so in Europe. You seem to ignore what everyone has told you already. THE US DO NOT NEED FOREIGNERS TO FILL PILOT JOBS!
Seriously. You think you're probably gonna excel at training and impress everyone. The government doesn't care. Same the other way around. European countries don't just issue work visas for American pilots over here.
If you want to work in the US, play the green card lottery, marry a girl from the States or become a professional in another field which will allow you to emigrate to the US.
It's not gonna happen, trust me!

And on a final note:
I have done both training under FAA and JAR/EASA. I hold FAA licenses and an EASA license. Regulations are different first of all, and knowledge of FARs will help you nothing in Europe and vice versa. Converting one license to the other is a royal pain in the a** and costs a lot as well.

Do you training where you want to be a pilot. If you don't want to stay in Italy, go someplace else in Europe. Do your training where you are eligible to work and live.
If you want the american college experience then go to a uni on a student visa, get a degree (way overpriced compared to Europe) and then become a pilot in Europe.

Or don't. After all. What do I care.

You’re wasting your breath. You can lead a horse to water...........