PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter down in East River, NYC
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2018, 20:52
Lonewolf_50

Received 412 Likes on 257 Posts
Originally Posted by Thomas coupling
This is what I am saying - the man has made a mountain of trouble for himself trying to address the issue on SM without advice from his lawyer.
You make an assumption that I do not share. I strongly suspect that the FB utterance was made only after consultation with an attorney. It was issued in a very dry, FAQ format.
This isn't the UK, and as noted above, the details are different.

You have already been advised how the deep pockets approach works over here, but each case has its own rhythm, logic, and in some cases illogic. I think you are making far too many assumptions in your guessing game ... and since I am not an attorney, I'll leave it at that. I wouldn't begin to guess on how the defendant pile will be composed.

A few things: with six dead, I'll offer you something in eight figures as a bottom estimate. (There's a local attorney whose been bringing in 2-20 million dollar judgments in trucking accident cases, and we aren't in New York ... )
Not sure how many millions the company is insured for, but some of the loss of life pay out will be under an insurance thing. Many insureds do not disclose the full extent of their liability coverage, rules differ in some locales so enough of that. I think most states have statutory minimums ...