PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Return of the Ponzi
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2018, 13:04
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotguy1222
Haha. OMG, I wish I had a dirham every time someone says "bitcoin is a bubble".

Don't cry because you knew about it way back when but didn't buy any.

Got out at the right time? Not a chance of getting out anytime soon, and I don't promote them at all. If someone mentions it to me, then we talk a little. I don't offer any help at all, nor will I. DYOR(do your own research)

If people max out credit cards and take 2nd mortgages to invest in anything, well they are usually beyond help.

The "high and mighty" attitude in this thread against coworkers is disturbing. IF they assumed/knew it was a ponzi and got into it anyway, then absolutely no sympathy.
Bernie Madoff scammed billions, and he did from people a LOT smarter than anyone in this room.
Another false analogy - Bernie Madoff averaged 11% pa consistently over 15 years which is actually what brought him to the attention of amongst others - Harry Markopolos.

Harry knew that 11% pa through the ups and downs of market swings was impossible - so he started making noise. You can have an average of that after 15 yrs but with huge swings - Bernie didn’t swing.

I think Warren Buffets average over the course of his life is sub 30% return pa.

Then you have a kid from India selling 120% pa - it’s not a “high & mighty” attitude... it’s FFS get a clue...and if you dont have a clue about anything to do with realistic returns then why are you borrowing money to ‘invest.’

I like many others just stopped listening and advising these unwitting CC who were literally gloating about their “investment”. I had one Argie CSV tell me when i asked him what he did on his time off - tell me that he “traded FX” . Go on says I - and he pulls out his Exential app and shows me how much $ ‘he made’ that day on his three accounts. I tried to explain to him that markets swing and so do returns, but no ‘his’ solid trading with Exential despite swings was exactly 10% to the T every month.

I just stopped asking after that. They refused to take input from silly pilots.

Last edited by fliion; 16th Apr 2018 at 13:20.