PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AEI makes a stand against deteriorating safety standards.
Old 16th Apr 2018, 10:11
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yotty & Marvo999: Why is this 'whistle-blowing' not going higher up the food chain inside the EU commission? I assume the commissioner for transport/aviation is responsible for EASA. Are they being lobbied/informed?

I once had a similar but much less critical situation at local council level. I could not get a response and lots of buck passing. Eventually I discovered the 'responsible person'. Even then I hit brick walls. Only when I said that any accident caused by XYZ, and any child injured because of lack of action, would be laid directly and personally at their door and in full glare publicity.
Things then moved fast.

If the commissioner was similarly told they would be held to account after the first crash attributed to such maintenance failings, I wonder if they will continue to allow such risks to remain. Indeed, do they even know of this situation. If EASA is blocking any common sense then they need to be by-passed directly to their boss.