PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest information on CASA giant 40nm 5,000 foot CTAFs
Old 15th Apr 2018, 22:15
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Ramrod:
Would you be willing to admit the opposite, where private pilots willingly get in the way of commercial operators?
It happens.

As for manufacturing incidents, that's a big call. No matter which side of the fence it started.
Ramrod and others, It appears to me that there is more than one agenda here. There is the VFR agenda but there seems to me to also be a commercial airline pilot agenda that is bent on expropriating all available airspace and shaping the rules for their own convenience at the expense of everybody else. This reminds me in a way of the lycra bike rider set who try and claim special rights to inconvenience both car drivers and pedestrians.

In areas with radar coverage what would be unsafe about running E airspace over C such as over YSY and YMML? Apart from the emotional unpleasantness of the skygods having to share some airspace with "only" PPLs?

In my own occasional interactions with regional airliners, I always defer, extending my circuit to let them get on the ground quicker for example because its their livelihood vs my pastime. I suppose I could instead become a PITA if I was pushed.