PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Return of the Ponzi
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2018, 18:08
exekcabincrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to me that many here are having some sort of pleasure from bashing and criticizing those who got caught up in this. This is just plain incorrect and this is why I wrote my post.

Financial crime may have more impact on peoples' life than say, physical violence, or having something stolen, etc. And it is the job of the authorities to make sure it doesn't happen.

This mentality that everyone must know the hustle before investing/buying something reminds me of my home country. Scam and crime is everywhere and guess what, most people agree that every time someone gets ripped off, he/she should have known the rules and how the hustling works, etc. Seriously? Everyone just agrees that it's ok to rob people basically. To me it is not ok. I think that in a developed society you shouldn't watch over your shoulder every time you want to buy something.

That's why I am firmly against criticizing people like this for something they have limited responsibility for.

For last, I understand the greed argument here, but it is something that always existed and will always exist. It's in our nature. So the best thing to do about it is to accept that it's just part of our behavior and the only way to prevent this behavior to translate into a financial disaster is to have well regulated markets. It's not realistic to expect people to "learn" because they never will. And I would ask you to have more understanding for this fact.