PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Return of the Ponzi
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2018, 16:55
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exekcabincrew

There's only one thing we will agree on here, that the UAE should have tighter regulatory control and should have shut this scheme down much earlier. The rest I disagree with.

Your somewhat confusing example of the skirt is a case in point. But, to keep it simple, let's stick with your analogy. How many images can you see on social media of young women, hopelessly drunk staggering from pub to pub in a busy UK town centre every weekend? Will she be raped? Highly unlikely. Why? Because it's normal. Now, take the same girl, put her in a street in Kabul with her short skirt, high heels and stinking of booze and the outcome will be different. Why?, because it's NOT normal.

No different with investing. You don't need to have a 'privileged' background or be studying a PHD in finance to realise that 10% per month is NOT normal. If I'd discovered a scheme that was making me a 'guaranteed' 10% per month, I would not be telling anyone....other than applying to every single bank to borrow as much money as possible. Did it ever cross the minds of these investors that those running the scheme should be doing that too, rather than extolling the virtues of the scheme for complete strangers to invest in?

Harry