PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest information on CASA giant 40nm 5,000 foot CTAFs
Old 15th Apr 2018, 08:45
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must say your claim that the manoeuvring of the 737 was a deliberate attempt to make it worse utterly unbelievable and quite pathetic
LePing,
That is a matter of your opinion, I simply disagree that there was ever a satisfactory explanation of the actions of the PIC of the heavy.

As you may or may not know, there was a NAS review team that examined EVERY report that was filed during the "trial", the efforts of a group of so called "professional" pilots, opposed to change, was quite amazing.

Almost all the "airmiss" and other incident reports filed were dismissed as attempts to discredit the trial. One of the lulus was opposite direction traffic with 2000' separation filed as an incident, and we had the nonsense of one group of pilots letting down in the restricted area near Ballina and flying down the coast back to Ballina in G, to avoid this 'orribly dangerous E.

The review team was made up of a cross section of people, CASA, industry and independent, my views on that Brisbane "incident" are based on interviews with the pilot of the light aircraft, the report of the review team and the ATSB report.

It will not surprise you that I do not wholly agree with the "contents" of the ATSB report, and your conclusions will be just as slanted by your preconception bias.

Given ATSB's track record, to this day, does that surprise you?

Tootle pip!!