PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Type Freeze coming at Qantas: Crew shortage bites?
Old 15th Apr 2018, 05:52
TineeTim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wasn't there once a warning on all Pprune pages about sciolists?

Rated De now has almost 500 posts. He/she has quickly become one of the most active posters in Dunnunda, and specifically in threads about Qantas. I don't claim to have read all or even most of those posts but there are two very common themes amongst those I have read- Qantas needs a new fleet, and Qantas HR is embarking on an undeclared war on its pilots (mostly the 737 pilots).
Leaving the new fleet theme alone, the HR theme has been presented without a scintilla of evidence. In fact, the assertion that started this thread is contrary to the current EBA and Australian law. The Qantas 737 fleet and its pilots are working as hard as possible, training is continuing at maximum and the last report I heard is scheduled to increase to over 20/month next year. To continue Fleet needs maximum support and flexibility of pilots, especially as the short-haul EBA expires. The answer to that need is to start a full-on war? Ask yourself what you would do in management's shoes. Virtually every airline in the world is short of pilots, big money is on offer overseas, and QF HR starts a very public fight that will disillusion all 2,000+ pilots AND require a change in Australian law by a government facing an election next year? That makes no sense. I'll say it because no one else seems to want to (although Keg has hinted at it): Rated De, regarding the topic of this thread, I think you are full of it.
'That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.' (Christopher Hitchens) RIP

Last edited by TineeTim; 15th Apr 2018 at 06:41.