PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian-2
Thread: Norwegian-2
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2018, 21:40
tigertanaka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by racedo
They can do what they like with it including cashing it in were they to choose.
It is a sovereign wealth fund - by nature it is a long term investment fund.

Its size is very relevant because they can invest when and where they like and have already invested in Norwegian.

Well they already have which blows that theory out the window.
Companies in high growth phases are not cash cows, they require huse levels of investment to invest for growth.
It is not an Arabic wealth fund, EU state aid rules still apply. Just because they already own 10% doesn't give them a free hand to up their stake. In any event, the fund still has to believe that they will get a return on it.

As for its size ................ being 40% of the size of UK economy is big, considering Norwegian whole economy is only 16% of its size.
I was not disputing it's size, I was saying that you can't compare funds with GDP. They are not apples and apples. UK pension fund values are well in excess of the UK's GDP.

IAG see getting Norwegian off the TA market and screwing their yields as the win here.

BA has a history of being involved in practices like this.................. Laker and Virgin spring easily to mind.
Yes, I agree although there are lot of other reasons (IAG would also get access to a fairly new fleet, a load of pilots and the Scandinavian market). But if Kros does want to retire, IAG has the infrastructure in place to take over the business. Financial investors do not have that.