PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UA forcibly remove random pax from flight - Round 2
Old 14th Apr 2018, 06:01
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WingNut60
This was all done to death in UA forcibly remove random pax from flight - Round 1; subsequently and appropriately closed.

The new aspect (Round 2) need only be about the airport officer's claim to compensation, or anything related to that claim.
True but it can be difficult to refer to one without mentioning the other.

In my experience in UK if a cop is called to an apparent scene of crime it shall become his/her task to establish what, if any, crime has been committed and he/she may need to call a more senior cop on the radio/phone to establish such.

Thereafter the cop should announce to any offender that he is being arrested on suspicion of whatever crime, taken in to custody accordingly, and should the offender resist arrest then that in itself would be a further criminal offence.

I don't pretend to be knowledgeable of US/Illinois law but from what I recall seeing in video(s) was that none of this happened and it was literally "you get off this plane" before they beat the cr@p out the guy.

So who is at fault, are these airport cops so poorly trained that they don't even understand the law and/or have a more senior officer to contact before taking such an action or did these airport cop(s) simply overstep the mark and act outside of their jurisdiction?