PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Midlands
Thread: East Midlands
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2018, 21:51
ATNotts

Received 293 Likes on 164 Posts
Originally Posted by Stu707
Whilst the Airport Building isn't that appealing and agree it needs some investment it does what is required, as long as you arrive check in and board your flight what more do you want, if Liverpool appeals more then by all means use Liverpool but I for one wouldn't think of using anywhere but EMA as it suits my requirements

I suppose when MAG feel the time is right they will invest in the terminal facilities
In the meantime it serves it's purpose
For as long as the airport is catering for leisure travelers, with few if any front end passengers, there really is no incentive to smarten up / improve the facilities. What's more, for as long as one of your two major clients is an airline that considers paying for airport facilities somehow isn't their responsibility it's difficult to justify spending money for real tangible developments.

Thankfully for EMA, cargo is a completely different kettle of fish, as it is a major base for all the major global integrators, who appreciate the requirements for top class handling facilities to satisfy their blue chip global customers.