PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian-2
Thread: Norwegian-2
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2018, 21:37
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by brian_dromey
The IAG move for Norwegian is interesting. Clearly IAG fancy wiping out a dangerous competitor, access to a large fleet of modern aircraft and trained crews. Norwegian also opens up a weak area for IAG - Scandinavia.

Unlike some posters I don’t see Norwegian being folded into BA/EI and Vueling. I think it is more likely to be run as an IAG brand, like Niki was planned to be. Norwegian rewards might be replaced by Avios and some functions brought onto the IAG platforms. The exception I could see is the LEVEL operations, I think they could well be folded into Norwegian and the LGW operations would surely be refocused to compete less directly with BA.

Unless Kros has indicated that he is willing to exit and sell there is no deal.

Gut feeling at the moment is there is no deal in the offinf and it is a speculative punt by IAG to test the water for a sale and prevent anybody else getting involved.

Bearing in mind Brexit and the fact that IAG will have its own issues because it cannot be more than 50% owned by non EU shareholders I don't see this going anywhere.

In the event that the Airline is for sale I very much doubt that IAG will be the only bidder as would fully expect LH and AF to be in there as well.

Possibly a TPG group bid as well with Ryanair having a share but that looks like a long shot.