PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What caused this 767 diversion?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2018, 14:32
JammedStab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Herod
Thanks for your patronising comment, JammedStab.
One. Generator fell off its perch and severed an engine oil line. Low oil pressure warning, shutdown, mayday.
Two. Severe icing day. Very bad engine vibration, checklist called for shutdown, mayday. No fault found, and it was assumed a big chunk of ice separated from the wing and went into the (rear-mounted) engine.
Three. Structural failure of the rudder, resulting in hard-over situation. resultant sideslip caused an engine to fail due fuel starvation. mayday.

Since my original comment has set rats among the corn, this will be my last post on this thread. I say again, there was no criticism of the captain's decision.
Sorry to have hurt your feelings. I misunderstood your post because the post went through my mind as either three fuel-related emergencies(highly unlikely) or three MAYDAY statements. I honestly thought that was what you meant and that it had been mis-interpreted by the other poster. Obviously, I was wrong. Apologies once again and I would hope you wouldn't leave a thread for such a minor misunderstanding by myself.