PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logbook Balls Up!
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2018, 13:43
spearson92

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logbook Balls Up!

OK folks,

Don't post here very often but need some advice. Basically I passed my ATPL skills test in the sim last month, thinking I had the correct amount of hours taken from an electronic logbook. After passing the test and getting the application ready to send off, I thought I would transfer those flights into my real logbook to keep that up to date as well. (I know, I probably should have been doing this before.)

Anyway, going through this E-logbook it appears it had duplicated flights, and therefore was showing more hours than I actually had. On taking these flights out it appears I had just under the 500hrs multi-pilot at the time of taking the test, (like literally just a few hours), something I didn't realise until after taking said test. I had met all other requirements at this point.

Now I know what the answer will be from the CAA - sorry, the test doesn't count you'll have to do it again. And I know what some people out there may be thinking - just adjust the logbook accordingly...

But here's the question...

Has anyone ever had/knows of any experience where the CAA has accepted this series of events (or similar), and applied a special dispensation and awarded a licence/rating anyway? Or will they simply say - no, do it again?

Cheers!