PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways FO Short Haul Roster?
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2018, 08:33
Flap62

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Seniority System’s biggest anomaly. Often lazy. Always doing the easy trips. Often selling the trips to junior P2’s to work even LESS hard.

Not all, but a great many are self-important pr__s who wouldn’t know a hard day’s work if it trod on their foot.

Ha. They’ll be here soon, to tell me off.

And when they DO do their Command course, they never quite understand the origins of their failure. 🤔
Apologies for drifting off topic but I want to re-assure the OP that the arrogant, patronising posts like the above and others from 4468 etc do not reflect the majority view in BA. One of the great things about BA is that it allows you to choose your work pattern to fit your lifestyle. The above posts would suggest that if you don’t get a command you are some sort of feckless loser.
I love how these posters sit anonymously behind their keyboards saying things they wouldn’t have the balls to say to my face. I am a relatively “senior” FO who stays in the rhs because lhs shorthaul would not suit me. That does not make me lazy or lacking in command potential. In a past life I made more command decisions in one hour than the average BA captain makes in one year.
Please do not think that these pompous, arrogant posts reflect the mainstream view. Most people respect the rights of the individual and are not blinded by the “BA Captains are Gods” view.