PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 30-40 Virgin Blue Cabin Crew Quit each month ?
Old 30th Sep 2003, 08:13
QF skywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heypilut,

150 resignations ? that is a HUGE amount. I thought VB had around 500 cabin crew ? is that correct ? that is more than 1/5th of the cabin crew gone.

It's good to hear on the grapevine though that more mature people are being hired...now.....not having a stab at VB here but...at the foodcourt last week at the qantas BNE terminal we had 10 virginblue cabin crew trainees looking us up and down in our new uniforms asking which airline we fly for ! We got chatting and 5 of them had only just turned 18 this year or late last year and the others were up to the age of 24 - where is the mature ones among that lot ?
The younger ones had moved up here from places like Adelaide etc so no wonder there may be a high level of sick leave. If you are that young and never worked full-time before ( hang on - what about previous cust serv experience ?)and most notably in a job that gives you a high exposure to sickness then there is bound to be problems.

I know I wasn't ready to move to another city and take a full-time job at the age of 18 ! But maybe these girls were considered mature for their age ?

QF Skywalker