PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - INCIDENT AT VALLEY
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2018, 17:45
airpolice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The old one had become unsustainable (for a variety of reasons), and this is the first cut of the new one. As before (and contrary to the claims made by some members of the Phoenix Think Tank that the RAF has a PR and media organisation which makes News International look like something run out of a bedroom in Neasden), the number of people involved in maintaining it is relatively small, and the failure to instantly update the team membership, while regrettable isn't exactly surprising.
23 Days.......

I have not lost sight of the fact that this is just a website for the RAF, and not actually a vital part of delivering Air Power. However, if you are determined to be in the Rodeo, you need to ride a horse. Once any kind of business engages with the internet, you really need to keep your online presence sharp, relevant, accurate and up to date.

Drafts ought to be reviewed and corrected in private, to detect the worst of the howlers before going public. Regardless of how many, or few, staff are allocated to the project, there can be no excuse for releasing a page before the person responsible for it is content with the content, so to speak.

So, if you really must apologise for the limited number of people working on the website, and the busy schedule of those responsible for it...

Please tell me what has happened in the last 23 days, that has been more significant for the public face of the RAF, than the need to change a team member and acknowledge the incident at Valley?

p.s. I found this on the BBMF page.

The Royal AirForce Battle of Britain Memorial

Single Living Accommodation require a TV Licence to to download

Accomodation

Janruary

Chinookand

Is nobody error checking this? All I did was paste the text into MS Word and look for the bits underlined in red, hardly computer genius stuff.

As for;

the thousands of men and women, in the air and on the ground, that gave their lives

I hope I am not alone in thinking that should be, who gave their lives.

Last edited by airpolice; 12th Apr 2018 at 19:07. Reason: To add in a few typos found on the pages.