PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 30th Sep 2003, 07:20
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RDR

As you know I don't have much B47 time but, based on very limited experience, I think there's a little more 'play' in the throttle of the B47 we flew at Blue Ridge than the others I've flown. Apparently they all give with use so it may depend upon when the cable was last replaced.
The play may increase the time lag between adjustment and effect. Those of us who trained on the R22 are instinctively paranoid about RRPM so I suspect we're inclined to make a further adjustment instead of waiting for the initial input to take effect. If you wait for your initial small adjustment to take effect, you'll probably find it's enough.
I found it easier in most circumstances to control RRPM with collective.
I began to get used to the sound of the engine RPM, but I'm a long way off being able to rely upon sound alone!

Great fun - enjoyed meeting you. Thanks for sending me the photograph.

BTW, I've posted a few pics from my flight down the Shenandoah Valley and back along the Blue Ridge Mountains on the 'Rotorheads Around the World' thread. Wonderful trip - highly recommended.

Tudor

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 30th Sep 2003 at 08:04.