PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drinking Legends!
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2003, 06:40
Sperm Bank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Drinking Legends!

In a departure from all the industry garbage floating around at the moment, I thought it appropriate to ponder on some of the best drinkers I have come across in aviation.

Guys (and girls) who can put in a sterling performance at the bar and then front up the next day looking a million dollars and flying accordingly. Before some of you media and do gooder types run off for your next story, either read and understand what we are talking about or else please go away

Like plumbers, police officers, doctors and nuclear physicists we all like a drink AFTER HOURS IN OUR OWN TIME. Get it media knobs?

I have seen some legendary performances over the past 20 years or so. Some of these champions are still flying so in the interests of anonymity lets keep all references to names, companies and current locations out of it.

One overseas mate could (and can) consume copious amounts of the amber fluid each night only to front up in the AM looking and feeling great. Made me very jealous. Another mate ate very little at night as it used up valuable space."More beer" was his war cry and he lived it to a tee. Unbelievable drinker and a great operator to boot.

All the great drinkers I have come across are good blokes with a healthy attitude on life (hypocracy I hear you say). Many managers could do well taking a leaf out of these peoples books on the benefit of social interaction. I am not espousing the values of drinking, as I already know the immense social benefit of this fine tradition among aviators.

DRINKING, SHAGGING AND FLYING. Ahhhhh what a life!