PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Losing landing ability and confidence
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2018, 23:03
PelicanSquawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TangoAlphad
I've flown with countless 'can't land the the 172' students with the purpose of getting them on their way and 99% of the time it is incorrect approach speed. The 172 is an absolute bloody doddle to land flown at the correct speed but tricky alright if you are at the wrong speed.

A dual circuit sortie with a good FI will sort you right out. I'll put money your speed/approach has a few errors..
What would you say is the correct approach speed? I switch between a C152 and C172, and I find if I use full flaps in the C172 the same approach speed as in the C152 I end up sinking way to quick, and struggling to keep it on a nice glide path. That's coming in around 60 with 40% flaps... Perhaps its the extra level of flaps?

I'm a PPL student, and I switched from the 152 to the 172, and although I find I can get away with being higher on the final due to the extra flaps, I've also found my glide path to not be as smooth, and either its very steep with power at idle, or I struggle to keep it coming down at a nice glide path with power, it ends up coming down short.

​​​​​​​Any tips appreciated.