PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA & EASA - Do I finish my FAA & find work in another country or convert?
Old 11th Apr 2018, 15:53
HighFlyerr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paco
A licence being ICAO compliant doesn't necessarily mean that other countries will accept it, at least not easily. What I'm saying is, don't bank on it! But it is true that the process between most countries will work. if you got your FAA then went to EASA, you would get a reduction in study time but would still have to take the 14 exams. if you went to Canada, you can get an equivalent licence for just a small exam. Just depends where you go.

Quadrant is just a different way of accepting the answer. It doesn't affect the questions otherwise, except maybe you do need to know the answer
Ah I see yeah. Thanks Paco. Any idea what it's like for foreign pilots in Canada by any chance? I'd love to move out there and build some time and live there long term. I love the place! That was on the list to check out as I would have assumed Canadian and American licences will be easily exchangeable