PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreigners taking over?
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2018, 12:28
glen beard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Foreigners taking over

With the risk of being hung,drawn & quartered my comments are - we have been selling off Australian assets for years.
examples -
Jandakot Airport - leased to South African interests and under a deal done with ex Minister Peter Garrett the soil on and around JT airport is being mined and sold OFF the airport as landfill - is mining on a Commonwealth lease not illegal??
Its our bloody land being sold for huge profits.Its only a matter of time before a training or commercial,flight lands on one of the huge buildings (some on the approach line) and then it will "hit the fan".
When I approached the local member of state parliament some years ago,I was informed that it was a federal govt decision and completely out of the WA state govt hands.
Another fact which really pisses me off is that you can't wash an aircraft on JT unless its at a designated "washdown bay" as you may damage the Jandakot Water Mound water quality!! What water mound?? The demolition of hundreds of acres of banksia natural areas has all but destroyed what used to be the water mound.But, all the machinery,trucks etc that have. been involved in the said demolition obviously are immaculately maintained to the point that they don't leak fuel,oil or any other contaminates.Bull****