PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has the glamour gone...
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2018, 12:24
Brat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For anyone looking for ‘glamour’ whatever that might be to anyone who looks for it. The old meaning was enchantment, magic.

The enchantment, joy, and magic of aviation, of flying, remains there for anyone who delights in being able to the air in whatever craft they have access to.

As far back as I am able to remember, my first flight in an Empire flying boat in Kenya at the age of three, and yes I remember it as clearly as if it were yesterday; to my first flight at the controls of a 150 from Hurn in the 60’s as a student pilot at sixteen, in the the ATC cadets at controls of a T21 at Tangmere, to the present time at the controls of a open single seat gyro with A/S Alt, and Compass I have thanked my creator for the joy that it has given me.

From Tiger Moths from Thruxton, Cessnas over the Congo, Zambia, DC3 and 4’s over Libya, Kenya Tanzania and Uganda, Lears, Sabreliners, BAC11’s, 727’s Citations worldwide. Instruction, land and sea, oil field support, bush charter, airlines, executive, and recreation, the ‘glamour’ joy and magic of flight has never left me.

It was never a ‘job’ it was a never ending source of pleasure and joy, whether paying for it, or being paid to do it, flight... ’to have slipped the surly bonds’... has never ceased to have a magic, an excitement, and a truly wonderful experience I feel blessed to have experienced.