PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomson recruitment.
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2018, 10:11
Boeing 7E7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cBoxMungo
Hi.

Any threads or info regarding the assessment with TUI (UK - East Mids)?

Considering leaving my 737 LCC to join. I'm an FO about 1 year away from command currently, any advice from anyone who took the leap from a similar position?

I've heard rumours from ex-colleagues that they didn't receive the expected xmas bonus & management are trying to cut pay 20(?)%

Cheers
I suspect one reason that there been few if any responses forthcoming is that people aren’t sure anymore! Thomson/TUI used to be regarded as a career airline and very good one at that -arguably the only real improvement would be to move to BA, and even then not many people did.

But things have changed dramatically over the recent past. The senior management team in TUI are emulating Ryanair in their approach to flight ops and pilots and doing all they can to reduce the terms and conditions, which once made TUI the airline of choice. The management are trying as best they can to more closely align our T&Cs with LCC around Europe. While the pilots through their BALPA representatives are trying their best to resist this onslaught, it is difficult to say anymore whether leaving your airline to come here would be a good move. If management get their way and impose the massive and significant reduction to our T&Cs, then I suspect the over whelming opinion would be not to join. In effect you would be leaving an airline with a short time to command to join one with a much longer time. TUI is not a happy place at present!