PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easy's first A319
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2003, 04:57
No comment

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THANKYOU!

Alpha Charlie!

Was one of the said "VIP"s - well not really, blagged a jolly to GVA and back. Have to say, for an aircraft packed with 156 seats it seems really spacious with a v.wide aisle. Funny smelling a new aircraft too, just like a car! Not sure what it will look like after a few flights with punters in though!!

Did you see the touchscreen for controlling the aircon and lighting etc? Very snazzy, the cabin crew certainly seemed to like the aircraft so thats a good plus.

I'm sure it will perform well, the wide aisle in particular helping when the mad rush for seats takes place on the EZY/EZS flights! Means you dont have to squeeze past people.

Interiour aside, the 319 seemed like a dream to fly as we took a tour of the Alps well beneath the summit of Mont Blanc. Then on to the Matterhorn and Grand Dixence dam etc. Wish I'd taken the bl**dy camera now! Some of the best flying I've seen/experienced too...I'm sure the pilot used to fly Swiss F-5s along the same routes previously!

So a BIG word of thanks to the crew on board EZS9002 today for what had to be my best flight so far! Pulling G in an Airbus A319 was quite an experience as we did a 360° around a mountain lookout!

Thanks again
NC