PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Apr 2018, 00:12
Luggage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EK-or-bust
Luggage; there are a few happy'ish EK B777 pilots out there still. Me being one of them.
But agree, most of the guys I fly with are very unhappy.
Very, VERY unhappy.
The post somewhere here recently of NOT sharing a few bottles over the fence with your friendly EK neighbor makes a lot of sense.
I moved out of the EK nightmare in early 2000, so have have purposefully not had that (dis)pleasure.

17 days off in April - second to bottom bid
Senior 777 skipper.
Still enjoying (virtually) every day here in Dubai, with wife and kids

Yeah, let the beating begin ;-)
EK or Bust...Im glad to here things are still fairly good for you. However as you said there are MANY unhappy pilots which makes me feel a lot better about my decision as a whole.

Im not against working for EK but there would have to be wholesale changes regarding scheduling, days off, commuting and just how the company treats you in general for me to consider them.

I wonder how long before airlines like the ME3 and CX etc realise the tide has turned and pilots dont need those jobs over there as they have a lot of choice at the moment.

I hear a lot of ME3 have gone to Norwegian on the 787 and from what I understand none of them seem to be regretting their decision which says a hell of a lot.

Good luck to you though, I hope it all works out for you.